Sunday, April 17, 2011

Diary of a World War 2 Civilian

18th July 1944

The Germans looted the store. All the beef, chicken and pork were all taken away. Samuel tried to resist. The Germans put a bullet in his head. I lost my job. I guess I'm clever enough to give in. Two weeks ago my house was raided, and now the store is gone. All I have now is the kitchen knife Father left for me and a few dollars I managed to grab from the store. I probably would not survive the next week. I can't care enough for myself to care for others anymore. Or perhaps- I should learn to fight.
Perhaps, I could drive the Germans out of this beautiful land. Father told me about a resistance group. My age should be suitable- I'm already a strong young man!
I have decided, tomorrow shall be the start of the end. I shall travel via the sewers to the Resistance camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment